Sunday, January 16, 2011

Painted Faces Binder Cover

Painted Faces Binder Cover in Progress

 As I mentioned in an early blog I am trying to finish some projects that are just sitting around taking up valuable crafting space. I can't believe it is going on 4-years since I took this Painted Faces for Beginners class taught by Bonnie McCaffery at Quilting Adventures. It was a great class and I had every intention of turning the face I painted into a portrait quilt. Then the dilemma came as to where will I put it, so it sat and sat and sat. Finally, I decided to make it into a binder cover.  I have lots of old binders with all my craft project directions stored in them and by turning my "not so perfect" painted face into a cover, I will get to enjoy it a lot more often than if it was hidden in a drawer.  The pictures today are of the raw edged cover, so far all I have done is cut the main binder cover piece. It still needs to have the pockets added and be trimmed to fit.  Now that I have gotten it this far I can't wait to finish it and have it grace my bookshelf of craft books and binders.

2 comments:

  1. I love your painted face. And the idea of turning it into a journal cover. It will inspire you each time you see it. I also know what you mean about UFO's. I am hoping to use up some of mine in my study group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me at your creativity... I wish I had more of it and you youthful enthusiasm.. Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete