Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cards for the New Year

Party Hats
January 2011 starts a whole new year of birthday cards, monthly cards and gifts. For the early January birthday cards I pulled out my Cricut Expressions machine to help me get these two cards made. The first card I made was for my grandson using a brown card stock to cut out the letters and then laying the cardstock on the cream colored card I glued the cutout pieces for the b and p's. I layered the one birthday hat and used a foam layering tape for a 3-D effect. 




3-D Butterfly Card
 For my granddaughter's card I was inspired by a card I saw in a magazine, so I started looking for papers in colors to give me the same effect.  Again, I used the foam layering tape on her card as I like giving cards depth and dimension. 







 
Gift Certificate Holder and Nifty Notes
I also made her this gift certificate holder by folding an 8 1/2" x 11" paper in half. Then I cut one of the pieces to measure the length of the certificate, the other piece I cut notches on each side to create a tab. Next, I cut a small piece of ribbon across the short half of the cerificate holder so that it would hold the tab in place and then I sewed around the holder locking in the ribbon. To personalize it I used my Cricut machine to cut out her initials and glued them to the tab. This hot pink flower button was added to one of the Nifty Note holders I made for her earlier in December, it matches the hot pink note pad inside the holder.

1 comment:

  1. What a productive start to the New Year. It all looks very nice and well made, as usual. I guess we need to start gearing up for our annual quilt show date?

    ReplyDelete