Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tree Challenge - Budding Leaves

Tree Challenge-Leaf Highlights
Yesterday I finally got brave enough, although I was still careful and did a mini trial run on a piece of scrap fabric, and added some leaf highlights to my tree.  It was exciting to watch the tree start to come to life as I sat and sewed the leaves onto the fabric. The leaf embroidery stitch setting on my sewing machine worked wonderful and I was even able to set the stitch length and width to add a little extra detail to the tree. I would have sewn more but pretty much I had shaded in all the light areas (at least for now). I looked through all my threads for some darker green thread that matched the tree but I didn't have the exact shades I was looking for so needless to say I went shopping for thread. Today I hope to add some of the darker shades of green to the tree.  So as to keep a few details a surprise from Connie I won't be posting anymore photos until after we meet and have our "show n' tell".

This photo is so small I 'm not sure you will be able to see all the  thread painting for the leaves, especially since I was just working on the lighter shades of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment