Sunday, February 13, 2011

Painted Faces Binder Cover Completion

Finished Painted Faces Binder Cover
This week as I was looking around my sewing room I saw the unfinished binder cover taunting me as it sat stashed away on the shelf (my version of "out of sight - out of mind") so I grabbed the pattern directions and read through them one more time to figure out how the cover was sewn together.  Although I would have liked it to turn out a little better I am happy overall, especially since this was my first time using this pattern and my first attempt at making a binder cover. The pattern said the inside lining wouldn't show much so it didn't matter what fabric you used so I chose something I really didn't care for.  Unfortunately, when you open the binder it shows just a little more than I would like. I think having a coordinating lining fabric would have given it a better overall appearance. The other thing I didn't take into account was the back of the binder cover. The directions were for quilting an entire piece of fabric for the cover but since I was using my painted face project thinking how good it would look on the front I coordinated a plain piece of green fabric to wrap around to the back and that's the look I got - a plain back cover piece. You notice I made sure that didn't show in the photo. If I were to do this again I would definitely make sure that I had something a little more exciting for the back piece too. Guess I'll just have to make another cover!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you learned a lot and you can apply that knowledge to the next binder cover. The front looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the good and the things you weren't so happy with. We can all learn from our mistakes and from the thoughts of others on , just what we would do to make things better. That turned out AWESOME and even your picture is very creative... What a Unique piece... Karen Sue

    ReplyDelete