Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just for Fun

Stenciled Red T-shirt
A couple of years ago I purchased a men's red t-shirt because I liked the quality of the material and the little looser fit. Of course I altered it by hemming it and I also sewed a decorative machine stitch around the sleeves.  This little red shirt is my comfy working around the house shirt. But somehow it got a couple of white or faded spots near the hemline, I've stopped using bleach so I'm not sure what caused it.  The shirt was still wearable especially since it is for hanging around the house but I wanted to do something to fix it.  I still had some fabric paint and stencils from a project I did quite a while back so last Saturday I pulled them out and did a quick fix on my shirt. I love it and it was so easy to do.  One of my biggest fears is that I will mess it up worse or not like it when I'm finished.  Needless to say, I may have to try this quick fix on other wearable items. Of course while I was trying to photograph it I received a little help from my furry friend.


1 comment: