Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday Play Date

Yesterday, Connie and I got together for another of our play dates. The theme for this one was paper dolls but we sort of went on our own creative bent which totally worked out for the both of us. These play dates are so much fun as we get so immersed into our projects that we lose track of time. What a great way to spend a Saturday!

Here is a photo of my paper doll design using Connie's piece she did earlier in the month from Julie Nutting's project in the latest issue of Somerset Studio magazine, as my inspiration. 

For my canvas I covered a used binder with old newspaer clippings my mother had given me of various tips and hints for projects as well as crochet directions that I will never use, as I don't crochet, but with this project  I did get a chance to repurpose them. My paper doll is still a work in progress as I would like to add a few embellishments to her dress but I was quite pleased with my results during our "play date". Once finished I plan on using my binder to hold all of my craft magazine clippings.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Deanna! I finally found my way here to leave a comment. I love your collage. What a foxy lady! I think stepping out of your normal color zone paid off! Thanks for including my collage too.

    ReplyDelete