Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Belated Birthday Present

Georgia's birthday present "Then and Now"
Last year while visiting my sister, Georgia, she asked if I could make her a new cover up (she had nearly worn out the one I had purchased and given her years ago). I figured if I could have the old one to use as a pattern it should be fairly simple.  Of course she agreed I could take her old cover up but then she added "oh, but don't cut it up because I still want to wear it". So, now I was challenged.  Thank goodness my sister is patient as it took me a little over a year to purchase the material and make it for her. It was difficult to find the right color but then I found this really nice creamy yellow fabric. When I started to sew the pockets I realized I needed something decorative for the pocket so I decided to add a YoYo flower with the extra wide rick rack for the stem and then I found these wonderful flower buttons that pulled the whole piece together.  I put it in the mail for her on Monday and I received this wonderful email from her on Friday saying "I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Very comfy looking. I like the special yo you flower too.

    ReplyDelete