Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Cards

August is a busy birthday month in my family.  I try to make birthday cards for everyone but a lot of times I just run out of time and I either make a quick handmade card or they get a "store bought" card.  The good news is I try not to always send the same person a "store bought" card each time. My favorite card this month is the one I made for my sister, Mary.  I used the heart shaped yo-yo to make a mini tulip display.

As I mentioned in last week's blog I send my mom a "card-a-month".  For August her card is one I made back in June.  I saw the idea of the ribbon loops surrounding a button to create a flower and I thought "I could use one of my yo-yo's in place of the button.  This is a real simple card to make and I think I will make a few more to have in my stash of pre-made cards "just in case". The photo didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but hopefully you can see what a fun, simple design it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment