Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Cards

I know Easter has past but I wanted to share the card I sent to my mother this year. I've also included some past Easter cards as each card was made using yo-yos in a different way. You see every month I make my mom a card and write her a letter about what I've been doing. With mom living in California and me in Virginia my homemade cards are my way of visiting her each month, and even with the high rates the USPS charges for postage we both find it a real bargain, especially compared to airline prices. Working with yo-yos is so much fun for me as I like to come up with new and unique ways to use them. Since the oval Quick Yo-Yo Maker maker was just released by Clover this year I had to try it out. The ears are made using the oval template and for the head I used the extra large yo-yo template.

Here is the Easter card I made in 2007 using the extra large yo-yo template for the head, felt and fabric to make its ears, a pom pom for the nose, and an accent ribbon on the top of her head. I think she turned out pretty sweet but I do like the way the oval yo-yos gave this year's bunny extra character and dimension.

The 2006 Easter card I sort of did the standard yo-yo accent thing of using the yo-yo as a tail to my stamped image.  For the words I cut small rectangle shapes, one from a patterned paper and a smaller rectangle from a solid paper, then I added the sticker letters to spell out my message.

4 comments:

  1. Great work once again! CP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I came back and I'm glad I did. I can see all the pics now. Love the card at the top! You can really see how you've grown and developed since 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are Adorable!! Makes me want to make some liek them.. You are just too creative. I'm so proud of you and all your many talents! Karen Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bunny yoyos I have not seen that one yet.very cute

    ReplyDelete