Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baby Gift

For my boss who is expecting a baby girl in April, I made this 3 knot bowl by Alderspring Design to put baby bows in. Then while out shopping (which I do a lot of) I found this cute Fusible Fabric Boxes pattern by Karen West and decided I should make coordinating fabric boxes to hold baby diapers and lotions in. Next, I decided I needed a reuseable gift bag to place my items in so I went to one of my favorite craft stores and purchased a jean bag, added a couple of belt loops from an old pair of jeans I had lying around and ran the ribbon through the loops and tied it in a bow. The letters spelling out baby I just attached using glue dots so they can be easily removed. This baby gift set was so easy and so much fun to make, and I love that fact that each piece serves a dual function.

1 comment: