Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fun Winter Yo-Yo Birds

Tweet Yo-Yo Winter Bird  January Card for Mom
First off let me tell you I got my inspiration for these cute yo-yo birds from Crafts n Things magazine. It was in their winter issue 2012 they had directions for making this bird out of almonds.  After reading their directions I realized I didn't have the patience to make their almond version but as I was looking at the picture my eye also landed on one of my oval yo-yo's and the "ah-ha" moment hit me!  I could make this bird using almond colored fabric and my oval yo-yo maker.


Yo-Yo Winter Bird Card II
The branch and "Thinking of You" saying was cut out using my Cricut machine.  The birds hat is made out of felt with a pom-pom at the tip. The feet are made of brown covered wire and I used black beads for the eyes and a small piece of felt for the beak. This fabric version of the bird was so easy to make that I made a second card for one of my sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment