Friday, May 6, 2011

Yo-Yo Vase of Ribbon Flowers

Mother's Day Card for My Mom
I'm still in my oval yo-yo phase trying to come up with different ways to use the shape.  While I was playing one day I noticed it looked very similiar to a vase.  That was the start of this card's design. Flowers always make a nice Mother's Day card so I made this one especially for my mom.  It is very hard to see that I did a running stitch around the top of the oval yo-yo and indented it a bit at the top to make it so I could bring the flower stems up through the vase. For the flower petals I used silk ribbon and  buttons for the center. I'm hoping to make a few more oval yo-yo vases adding a little more detail to them so that they stand out a bit better. I promise I will share my results.  Wishing all mother's out there a very happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. You come up with so many ways to use yo yos. Keep at it and one day you'll be the Queen of Yo Yo.

    ReplyDelete