Sunday, November 7, 2010

My YoYo Bowl

YoYo Bowl
I don't know where the idea came from or what the inspiration might have been but a few months ago I decided to sew lots of yoyos in a variety of batik fabrics using the extra small Clover yoyo maker to make a fabric yoyo bowl. The batik fabrics are a joy to work with especially in the smaller yoyos as they do not "bulk up" at the part where they turn under, and the fabric is very soft to the touch. Originally I had the bowl sitting flat without any legs, then I thought I might make it "feet" using my extra yoyos (I always have extra yoyos as they are great to have around just waiting for the next inspiration). The feet looked good but it was just a little bit too much the same and seemed to all blend together.  Then as I was in the midst of de-cluttering I came across this stand I had purchased years ago, its original purpose was to hold a seashell but as you can see it is very versatile and made the perfect stand for my yoyo bowl.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! The stand is perfect. It gives it such an elegant touch. I can't wait to see it "In Person". So that's one project down and ten to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love that... Maybe someday I'll find one in the mail... LOL I don't have the patience to sew all those yo yo's that's alot of work... GREAT JOB!!! Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete