Sunday, October 31, 2010

YoYo Dogs & Cat


Tamara's YoYo Puppy for Her Mom

My Brown & White Puppy

My granddaughter from Arizona visited me a couple of years ago and while she was here we went to one of my favorite quilt shops, Quilting Adventures. While looking through the store she saw the Indygo Junction pattern for this yoyo puppy. She really wanted to try make making one for her mom so together we looked for the fabric she wanted to make her puppy out of and made our purchase. Once back home I showed her how to use the Clover YoYo Maker to make the yoyos. She caught on really quick and in the evenings or anytime we were just hanging out watching TV (I learned a lot about Hannah Montana) she would sew the yoyos for her puppy and I would sew the yoyos for the puppy I was making. This was a really enjoyable and relaxing time. Soon it was getting close to the time for her trip to end and the puppy still needed to be assembled.  Things got a little crazy but we managed to finish it in time for her to take back home to give to her mom.  After she was back home I finished assembling my yoyo puppy. I really enjoyed being able to share my love of sewing and spend this time with my granddaughter.

Once I made the puppy I just knew I needed to make the kitty cat pattern too.  I wanted the cat to look like our orange tabby cat (MacTavish aka Ru) so I chose fabrics that would help depict his coloring and personality.  Our buddy Ru passed away earlier this year and it left a huge hole in our lives, I am so glad I made this wonderful yoyo kitty as it always reminds me of our very remarkable cat. As you saw in one of the earlier blogs we have a new tabby cat and I have already picked out my fabric  to make a yoyo kitty in gray and white. Boots body is mostly grey with a little brown and all four of her paws are white which is how she got her name.


YoYo "Ru" Kitty


2 comments:

  1. Oh you know how I love these! One day I'll make me one...Connie from Lilies and Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new blog header.

    Connie Lilies and Dolls

    ReplyDelete