Sunday, November 21, 2010

Things Thanksgiving Part II

Owl YoYo Card

Thanksgiving Postcard Card

Whew!  I barely finished my cards on time to get them in the mail on Friday.  Actually I fixed up a couple of goodies and put them inside one of the USPS flat rate boxes and then added the cards to the box. For me it is as much fun to send goody boxes as it is to receive them.  My mom always use to send me fun little items in the mail (she still does, just not as frequently as she used to). She always wraps whatever it is in wrapping paper or tissue paper and adds a pretty bow or sticker. I never knew what would be waiting for me inside the box but I was always excited to get one as I knew it would be fun. I'm hoping when she receives the box from me that she feels in a small way that I have come to visit her.

The card I made for my mom this month is of an owl using an old sweater vest that I have been waiting to repurpose, some felt and of course a couple of yoyo's. My inspiration for the card came when Don and I went out to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel restaurant and I saw this cute cutlery holder in the shape of an owl.  It's eyes were made using gathered ribbon and my husband remarked that it would look good with yoyo eyes - and that was it - I knew I had to try it. 

You may also remember from last week I was concerned that I didn't have enough time to finish the Thanksgiving postcards, well, inspiration struck and I used some double-stick fusible web to add the postcard fabric to a card.  I love the way it turned out and think I am going to make a few more this way too.

Things I am thankful for today: my husband and family, friends, the spectacular colors of the fall leaves, the little chipmunk that visits my backyard and the fun I get from being creative.  What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment