Sunday, October 24, 2010

YoYo Pumpkins for Halloween


YoYo Pumpkin-pattern by Indygo Junction
I'm on a mission this year.  Actually, it started around the beginning of summer as I looked around my craft room and saw so many unfinished projects, which conflicted greatly with the other projects I either wanted to start or purchase.  For me it all seemed like "chaos & conflict". My solution was to weed out any project I absolutely was not going to do, set aside some projects for repurposing, and slowly complete projects that just needed a little bit of time.  The yoyo pumpkin by Indygo Junction  I had started in 2008. All the yoyo's had been sewn and all it needed was for me to sit at the sewing machine for a half-hour to sew his little body together,and then finish stuffing and adding hand sewn details in the evening. He is so cute - it makes me wonder now why I took so long to get him finished?


YoYo Pumpkin and Bats 2010

YoYo Pumpkin & Crows 2010

There were two left over yoyos from the pumpkin (I had sewn them just in case) so I decided I would make  a couple of Halloween cards with them.  With my plan in place I started pulling out me my blank cards and orange and black papers.  I found in my stash of ribbons one with Happy Halloween and bats on it and then I looked at my Cricut cartridges and I found one with a Halloween bat design. Last year I had pre-cut some paper crows in different colors so I pulled those out to use and then got to work.  The Autumn pumpkin yoyo card is mom's card of the month and this time the other yoyo card will go to my sister Mary. I hope I'm not offending my other two sisters - it is so hard to keep a balance - but I need to go with my heart, instincts, or that tiny voice that just speaks to me saying "make this one for . . . ".


2006 Thanksgiving YoYo Card

In 2006 I had made my mom a Thanksgiving card using a yoyo pumpkin on the front.  This card is a little more detailed as the scarecrow is made with eyelets that allow him to move.  I saw the pattern for him in one of my books and thought he was so cute I just had to make him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Which one should I talk about first. I like all of the cards. I think the older one is really detailed. I love the fence and the way the scarecrow can move. I like the shadow of the crows in the more rencent card and I like the bats too. I'm going to have to work on making some yo yos myself so I can make one of those cute little animals. Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete