Sunday, September 24, 2017

And now we wait

We dropped off our craft entry items at the  State Fair yesterday.  It's always exciting to see all the other creative people and their creations. Who knew a hippopotamus could be made from small crocheted granny squares? Then there was this black elephant wearing an elegant black and white blanket and headdress.  You can bet I will be looking for those items in the craft hall when we go to the Fair next weekend as well as looking to see if maybe, just maybe, one of our entries won a ribbon.


With the encouragement of my family as well as the lady from the State Fair I entered my yo-yo sweater.  The sweater was made with 866 yo-yos. The McCalls pattern I used called for 1050 yo-yos to make a medium sized sweater but as I tailored the sweater to fit me I ended up using less yo-yos, a lot less.

So, what to make with all those extra yo-yos? A yo-yo covered hanger. Which became my second entry. Coming up with how to cover the hanger was fairly easy but embellishing the hanger was a challenge, especially deciding on all the different combinations of yo-yos, colors, buttons, beads and ribbons. Again, with the help of family a final choice was made.





No comments:

Post a Comment