Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yo-Yo Water Bottle Cover


Yo-Yo Water Bottle Cover
Last winter I had the misfortune of losing one of my favorite gloves.  I didn't have the heart to throw away the mate so I left it in my car. Then one very cold morning I had ice in my bottled water so I thought I would put the glove on it to help insulate the plastic bottle.  It worked great - so for many months I had my glove (with fingers and all) insulating my water bottle. Well, after a while I began to get a little self-conscious when I would take a drink because it looked like I was waving to folks or had an octopus with short tenacles on the bottle bottom.  So I took it in the house and sewed straight across the bottom and then cut away the fingers of the glove.  For a while I was happy with this but it was a little plain.  It just so happened my sister had sent me a yo-yo pattern for a wine bottle cover and I knew I could adapt it to a smaller sized water bottle cover. With a plan in place I found some black and white fabric and started making yo-yos to fit around the water bottle. When all the yo-yos were made I attached them to each other and then attached them to the repurposed fleece glove.  Finally, I feel I have done justice to a glove that had served me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment