Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful for Yo-Yo's


Mom's November Card - Jumbo YoYo Pumpkin
Coming up with new ways to use yo-yo's in my projects gives me lots of joy. So this Thanksgiving I am grateful for these little bits of fabric that bring joy to my life and to those who receive them as gifts.  To make the large pumpkin for this months card to my mom I chose orange fabric and then used the Clover Jumbo Yo-Yo Maker to make the pumkin then I used cooper metalic embroidery thread to create the lines in the pumpkin and a small piece of fabric stitched with brown embroidery thread for the stem. The leaves were made with my Cricut.  To highlight the edges of the leaves I gently ran the edges against a stamp pad. While doing this I accidently dropped one of the leaves on the stamp pad and when I lifted it up I noticed the ink had highlighted the cuts (or veins) of the leaves giving them more dimension which turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me. In the future I definitely plan on using this technique again but instead of dropping the leaves on the stamp pad I will gently press them on the pad.