Saturday, November 10, 2012

Catching Up with July

Red, White & Blue-Thinking of You
Of course it was a given that I would work with the colors red, white and blue for July.  They are actually one of my favorite color combinations that goes way beyond being patriotic. As my schedule got busier during the summer months I needed to find ways to simplify the time it took to make mom's card so this time I let the pattern paper make the statement and embellished it with a round yo-yo. Attached  to the yo-yo is a blue ribbon and three star-shaped buttons in red, white and blue.  For the "Thinking of You" phrase I used my Cricut and cut the first phrase in red and then I cut a second phrase in blue using the Cricut's shadow feature. 

Well, this has been a start to getting my posts caught up.  Right now I am being stared at by a extremely adorable black pug who is hoping I will quit writing and focus my time on him.  After all it is time for his breakfast and morning walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment